You are always a welcomed friend at Friendship
WELCOME TO FRIENDSHIP LUTHERAN CHURCH OF JOY
What To Expect
Plan your visit to Friendship Lutheran. Find out about our worship, guest services, and kid’s ministry.
Our Children and Youth Ministries provide a safe and fun environment for your kids to grow in God’s love.
Stay involved by checking out our calendar of events.
Listen during the week, and share what you’ve been learning.
Read what has been happening at our church and stay up to date.
SHARE YOUR STORY
Are you or someone you love in need of prayer requests? Let us know so we can add this to our weekly prayers and prayer chain. This can be done anonomlysly.
Join Us In Person
SERVICE TIMES & LOCATION
3601 S Duncan Rd., Champaign, IL 61822,
We have been blessed to be able to gather for outside worship the last two weeks and now we are happy to be moving back inside for our communal worship. While we are going back inside and meeting after 137 days of COVID-19 exile, it will be some time before we can return to what we would call normal FLCJ worship.
There are a few modifications we have had to adopt until we get the “all clear” from the medical community. We do so for the health and safety of all who enter our worship space. We know that there are many mindsets as it pertains to this pandemic and with that in mind we know that we cannot make everyone “happy.” Remember, above all, that we are a people of forgiveness, love, and grace. Listed below you will find some of the temporary procedures put in place.
Council members will be in position to guide or assist in any way.
- Sanitizer and Masks: Masks will be available at entrances and Sanitizer is available throughout the building. Offerings are to be put into the “mobile mailbox”.
- Worship Space: We have set aside the lower level as a mandatory mask and distancing area at all times. This area is specifically for those who are in a more vulnerable population or uneasy with larger gatherings at this time. Don’t worry, you will see what is being seen upstairs (in real time). The lower level has a separate ventilating system than upstairs so the air that is circulated is not comingled with the air upstairs.
- Seating: We have offset seating allowing for social distancing in both worship areas.
- Parking: Save the spots closest to lower level for those who will be worshiping on the lower level.
- Masks: We require wearing masks when entering/leaving the building or moving from one area to another. Lower level masks are required at all times.
- Doors/Stairs/Elevator: All doors will be open to reduce touch zones. Bathroom doors will be ajar so you can open without touching them with your hands. Sanitizer and waste cans will be on both sides of the doors. Stairs are blocked off and the Elevator is out of service.
- Dismissal: Dismissal will be directed by a council member by rows to eliminate social distancing issues when exiting. Right side will exit to the right and go out the north door. The left side will go the center isle and exit out the double door.
If you are sick, have recently been sick or have been in close contact with others who are sick, please…STAY HOME! If you are in a vulnerable population or uneasy with congregating with others until this pandemic passes, know that you are loved and missed and will not be looked upon in any negative way. We understand that we each must make our own personal risk/reward judgment and act accordingly. We look forward to the end of all this, but until then, remember the JOY we have in Christ Jesus and the church family He has given us.