You are always a welcomed friend at Friendship
WELCOME TO FRIENDSHIP LUTHERAN CHURCH OF JOY
What To Expect
Plan your visit to Friendship Lutheran. Find out about our worship, guest services, and kid’s ministry.
Our Children and Youth Ministries provide a safe and fun environment for your kids to grow in God’s love.
Stay involved by checking out our calendar of events.
Listen during the week, and share what you’ve been learning.
Read what has been happening at our church and stay up to date.
SHARE YOUR STORY
Are you or someone you love in need of prayer requests? Let us know so we can add this to our weekly prayers and prayer chain. This can be done anonomlysly.
Join Us In Person
SERVICE TIMES & LOCATION 3601 S Duncan Rd., Champaign, IL 61822,
First, we are delighted to have the opportunity to worship with you in person once again on Sunday, July 12 at 9:00 a.m. Below you will find a checklist (of sorts) that we are asking everyone to follow as we proceed with an abundance of caution. We ask, encourage, and appreciate your patience and cooperation as we ease back into worshiping together.
*** If you are sick, been around someone who is sick, or think you may have been, then please stay home and watch on Facebook or YouTube. Share the Gospel not the sickness!
*** If it rains the morning of July 12, please stay home and watch on Facebook or YouTube.
- We ask that you wear your mask from the car until you get situated and have/maintain proper “social distance” from others.
- The church will be closed except for the lower level bathroom. Go before leaving home or you may have to wait. BYOB -Bring your favorite beverage, lawn chairs, umbrella (praying for sun), and SPREAD OUT – we have plenty of room for “social distancing.”
- We will eventually return to “normal”; until then, we will have shortened services with little to no singing or liturgical responses. There will be no “Sharing the Peace of Christ”, bulletins or handouts until further notice.
- Until further notice, Communion will be by appointment only – call the office.
- Tithing/Offering will be accepted in boxes set on posts. The greeters will point them out.
- Council Members will be taking attendance via photo and video (no forms), so make sure you smile.
- As we depart, if you have removed your mask, please put it back on so we can protect others who may be in one of the groups that are more vulnerable.
- Visiting with friends can be in the parking lot according to each family’s comfort level.
- If you are, in any way, uncomfortable with gathering in groups, then please stay home and join us on Facebook, YouTube, or the website until you are. No one will judge you or make fun of you. We love you!
Above all, remember that we are a community of grace. There are differing ideas of the seriousness of the current/ongoing crisis. We each have our own level of comfort/discomfort with the current situation – for our own reasons. So, please be courteous to all as we exhibit both caution and grace to our brothers and sisters in Christ, as we share the love of Christ.
Pastor Triplett and Your Church Council